Tuesday, March 29, 2011

updates and pictures of food...

I feel like I need to update this because I have been terrible at it lately but I have little to report.  I guess I'll give you a few cursory updates and then some pictures of food.

Final plane tickets have been purchased, I head to Florida on May 14th and then onward to St. Thomas by way of Puerto Rico on the 17th.  I am so absolutely excited that its not even funny.  I'm moving to a tropical paradise and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it to the fullest!  Many pictures will be posted when I get there.  Its going to be amazinggggg.  Just you wait.  Other than that I have mostly just been working (I got "promoted" to sale tag person) at the grocery store and cooking (at least one meal a week for my parents, I'm missing my potlucks, so I'm happy to have some fabulous people to cook for here!).  I work 5 days a week, but only get between 20 and 30 hours, which is probably all I could handle there anyway.  I'm thinking about picking up with my old trail riding gig in Stowe when they re-open in April too.  That would mean working 7 days/week but I think it would be good to put away some cash before I move, plus at least one of the jobs I truly do enjoy.

There is one other thing that I'm really excited about, of course it doesn't really apply to anyone but me but I'm still excited so I'll share.  On Thursday I am meeting with a quilter to talk about making some of my clothes and left over fabric from Africa into a quilt - a magical quilt of memories!  I am really excited, I'm pretty sure I'm going to cherish it forever and ever and ever.  Sooo surely some photos will follow if the project comes together, only time will tell.  Anyway enough about me, here are some pictures of food:


My mini dinner plate sized three layer chocolate devils food birthday cake.


Three cheese bacon mushroom quiche; I would give you the recipe but I completely made it up based on what was in the fridge.  Couldn't make it again if I wanted to...


homemade chunky broccoli cheddar soup with fresh (but sadly store-bought) sourdough


The soup - all up close and personal.  Made of course with Cabot Seriously Sharp White Cheddar.  Made with this recipe, except that I skipped the puree part and left it chunky and I used about 2 extra cups of shredded cheese, because I love it.  


Just a beautiful view from an evening walk with Papa and the pooches



Homemade Mediterranean olive bread, served with greek salad and this pasta dish that are not pictured


Emeril's Chicken Marsala (sort of, I may have done some editing - mostly I just made extra sauce and instead of finishing the chicken in the pan with the sauce I transferred it to a crock pot and simmered the whole thing with extra broth for about 3 hours so that the chicken was falling apart moist and delicious and the sauce was this and creamy) served with salad and whole grain bread.


And naturally no post would be complete without a pic of my beautiful doggy.  My favorite snuggle-bug; I'm going to miss her terribly when I leave her AGAIN to head for Saint Thomas.  I hope she can find it in her heart to forgive me, but of course she will because thats what dogs are all about.  

That's about all I've got, I've also made chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, onion and cheese bread, coffee cake, banana trail mix muffins, homemade hearty new england clam chowder, guiness beef stew and leak and cheese casserole (for St. Patty's Day), and probably a few other things that I was too hungry to take a picture of before I ate them.  I'll try to be a better updater and a better photographer with my culinary exploits in the future.  

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering looking at all of those delicious pictures! The soup looks amazing.. and the marsala! Yum! Thanks for sharing some of the recipes and for supporting the farm families who own Cabot!
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete