Sunday, August 22, 2010

a photo and a recipe

I started my day off by getting caught up on some things i was supposed to do for work...sounds worse than it is, mostly I just walked around this meadow (below) and wrote down ground water depths at monitoring wells.  It was more like a morning walk than work really...


Anyway after I finished up at work I stopped into the grocery store and picked up what I needed to make this pasta dish I remembered making (and loving) a long long time ago with Miss Merry.  I found this recipe, which was close to what we followed, but not quite so naturally I edited it to my liking.  This is the recipe I used:
Boil water for the pasta and while you're waiting heat a bit of olive oil and butter in a saucepan and add a few cloves of chopped garlic.  Sauté until it smells great but don't let it burn.  Add about half of a medium sweet onion and sauté until translucent.  At this point I also tossed in a few chopped mushrooms too.  When the onion is done add a splash of dry white wine, chopped sundried tomatoes, and some vegetable broth and cook on medium heat until it reduces to about half the amount of liquid.  Then toss in drained artichoke hearts, capers, and a small can of chopped olives.  Cook until all ingredients are heated through and add directly to cooked pasta and toss.  Serve immediately, the recipe calls for fresh grated Parmesan, which I'm sure would be delicious, but I used fresh crumbled goat cheese instead, amazing!  Below is the result: warning, its strong stuff and requires no extra seasoning, but if you are a fan of capers and sundried tomatoes then you will love this dish!




posted: 211
left: 154

No comments:

Post a Comment