Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Shoe Tree!

Dad and I were cruising along, somewhere in Nevada today, on the very last leg of our journey before we hit the Sierra Nevada and we came upon this:


I quickly pulled over to investigate and it turns out its a shoe tree.  It was draped in hundreds of pairs of shoes!  Hanging from laces or tied end to end, shoes dangle all over this tree and cover the ground all around it.  I tried to add mine, but they didn't have laces.



When we got to the hotel I googled shoe trees, just out of curiosity.  It was interesting enough that I figured someone must have mentioned it in passing...and I was right.  I found this shoe tree website, and the very tree that we went to was mentioned.  Dad and I discussed and decided that if we tried to start one of these in VT someone would probably arrest us, or at least fine us for littering.  Anyway, we thought this was a really neat discovery!



Days Left: 308
Photos Posted:: 57

No comments:

Post a Comment