Friday, November 13, 2009

one step forward and two steps back

I have my second round interview scheduled for Americorps and some possible advancement in the job hunt (too early to tell, but I'm optimistic) I'm wading through peace corps paperwork for denied claims from doctors and dentists, primarily because the offices submitted the claims without the paperwork I gave them authorizing the claims, frustrating, but easy to sort out. I'm making headway in the kitchen with a batch of successful homemade peanut butter cups, thumb cookies, and mocha fudge, new soups of my own made up recipes, and other such delights. So with all this going pretty well, something must be going wrong right? I wish i didn't have to have that point of view but its true.

I have a few (4-6) painted "tableaus" that i brought home with me to sell for a friend from Selibaby. They were hanging in a cafe in town and i was told that 4 of them were sold and the rest would hang until they sold, except they have been taken down, i have only been paid for 2 and the woman who was supposed to buy the other 2 has evidently changed her mind...so I told my friend they were pretty much sold and he gave me a shopping list of things we would like (printer ink, and paper) me to buy him with the profits and send to his friend in France who would bring them to him when she visited. Unfortunately I missed the deadline, the friend has already visited and now I have to send them to him in Mauritania and run the risk of them getting lost in the Mauritanian postal service all because in 3 months I couldn't get my butt in gear and sell 8 paintings...so if anyone is interested in some genuine African Art painted by my friend Demba, who lives in Selibaby but is originally from Mali, please let me know and I will send you pictures of the ones I have left. They are pretty big and will be sold for a donation of somewhere between $20 and $30. Please let me know, I don't want to let him down any further!

No comments:

Post a Comment