Friday, November 6, 2009

Home Again!

I got home last night, after exactly 2 weeks on the road visiting friends in NY and Ohio. I had a wonderful trip across 3 states, visiting 8 friends (and making a few new ones!), 7 bars, countless restaurants, millions of rest areas, and spending a total of 22 hours in the car singing along with my music. In the mean time a few updates have come up in the job hunt:

1) I got a second round interview for the Americorps and it'll most likely take place next week, I'm excited but a little concerned about the location of the assignment so hopefully those concerns will be addressed in the interview!

2) I applied to a Peace Corps Response position to spend 6 months in Burkina Faso working as an Engineers Assistant to help a team of engineers rebuild the damage caused by massive floods earlier this year. The down side: this position leaves in December, meaning if i were to get it, I would be home by summer, but I would likely miss Christmas...sorry family!

3) Option 3 is kind of a looser backup plan, and it involves temporarily relocating to Buffalo to look for a job out of a bigger city where I know some people and could have a social life. If I find something amazing there, i'll stay. If it just doesn't feel like its working, I move to Austin TX in a year with my friend Jen after she graduates next December.

4) This is the back up plan for the back up plan, if nothing else works out myself and my friend Becky Fogarty will be throwing a dart at a map and moving wherever it lands, because lets be honest, what other time in my life am i going to have that kind of freedom? I kind of want to make this plan A simply because I can.

So thats where I stand at the moment and in the mean time I'm baking up a storm and trying to sell holiday cookie plates and home made truffles to the greater johnson area to try to support myself through the holiday season, which (if i sell any) will be awesome...because I LOVE to bake!

I'm off again on Sunday for a few days on Cape Cod with my Mummy-Dearest and then home again...I'll keep you all posted on the Peace Corps thing, I honestly think I would have heard by now since it does leave in December but perhaps not, so who knows. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment