Sunday, August 15, 2010

watercolors

A friend and fellow SNAP volunteer recently asked me would I be interested in possibly doing some watercolor illustrations for some interpretive signage their organization is creating.  They want 10 in total, of invasive and native species of the foothills where the signs will be placed.  They want some samples of my work so that they can decide if they like it enough to put it on their signs and so I decided to try to practice with a few of the species this weekend to see if I think I can really handle it.  Well I can certainly draw/paint what they are looking for, but I'm not all that impressed with my final products.  I made these in only a few hours, so if I put a great deal more time into it maybe I could, but I'm not sure I have that kinda time right now.  Anyway, these are what I created, the first is English Ivy (Hedera helix) and the second is Himalayan Blackberry (Rubus armeniacus), both of which are invasive to those parts.  I'm not overly impressed with my blackberry painting skills, but I guess i can do leaves okay...




posted: 204
left: 161

No comments:

Post a Comment