Monday, June 28, 2010

rebel!

today i'm going to bend my own rules....since I left my camera in the possession of my helpers today out in the field and crossed the river channel to help create soil profiles, I have lots of pictures of me at work and none actually taken by me...sooooo here is a shot of me at work.  My roomy picked it out, she calls it the "big straw one" because I am holding a stadia rod (for measuring depth) that looks like a big straw;  I spent the morning measuring depths to clay layer, slip-sliding all over the clay banks of this stream, and tossing that stadia rod back and forth over the river like a javelin (and sometimes chasing it down the river when it didn't quite make it across).  That was the morning, so naturally I spent the whole afternoon damp, clay covered, and pretty tired.  All in all it was a great day at work though!



posted: 151
left: 214

ps. oh and you also might have noticed that my blog has a bit of a new look, I felt like it was time for a change.  I settled on grapes for now but I might change it up again soon, because new is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment