Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Dad!

Today was my Poppa-Bears birthday and I spent the whole morning baking this cake, selected specifically with my Poppa in mind:

It was 4 layers of from scratch, dark chocolate cake with homemade raspberry filling between them and a dark chocolate ganache frosting with raspberry garnish.  It took between 3 and 4 hours to make, bake, and assemble, and if I may say so myself, it was worth every minute.  mmmm mm good!  I found the recipe here: http://www.pickycook.com/dessert/chocolateraspberrylayercakewithchocolateganachefrosting.aspx  in case anyone wants to try it!  Let me know if you do, I'd love to hear how it goes, and if you like it as much as I did!


Happy Birthday Daddio!

Days Left: 332
Photos Posted: 33

No comments:

Post a Comment