Monday, February 28, 2011

Wow.

Here I am, sitting in my parents house in Vermont, looking back on the last year of my life...epic road trip part two completed.  Between February 2010 and February 2011 I:

*Moved 4 times, 2 of them cross country (6, if you count moving into and then back out of my car during the 2 weeks I spent homeless)
*Completed a volunteer term with AmeriCorps
*Drove well over 10,000 miles and visited 27 states

Ok, I'm done boasting about my instability now.  Long story short, I'm back in Vermont looking for temporary employment somewhere in the Johnson/Morrisville area, and living with my parents.

Epic road trip part deux was fantastic, I truly enjoyed the southern route, all sunshine and sandals, with the windows down and the sunroof open.  No weather woes for me!  I visited lots of friends that I hadn't seen in years and got to get all caught up with the girl I made the trip with, my college roommate Nicole, whom I hadn't seen more than a handful of times since graduation.  I had a wonderful time and I'll post pictures very soon but they are all on a harddrive that is out in the car and lets face it, I'm pretty lazy; and also its snowing so screw that.

Anyway, here I am!  So if you're on this side of the country give me a call, I would love to see you!  Sorry for the lack of updates from the road, we had a pretty action packed schedule that involved a lot of exploring cities, crashing on couches, and trying out interesting foods and beverages but not a lot of wireless internet connections.  I hope all is well with everyone and I'll write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment