Monday, October 11, 2010

updates

11 days and 5 houses, 2 couches and 3 beds.  I'm 11 days into couch surfing and while I am not the biggest fan (I am a total homebody and not having a home doesn't really agree with me) I'm getting better at it every day.  I have been keeping busy, getting out of my little Lake Tahoe Basin comfort zone!  I have been applying to jobs like crazy.  Last weekend I headed to the Bay area with a bunch of ladies to hit up Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in Golden Gate Park, which was a blast!  Then this weekend I went visiting my old Placerville haunts on Friday, then hiking on Saturday and off to visit Bodie on Sunday.  I've wanted to get to Bodie since I got out here, so thats one more thing I can check off my California Bucket List!  After Bodie we made a few side trips around the Eastern Sierra to admire the freshly snow covered mountains and the changing leaves of the Aspens.  Here are some pictures, because thats what you really want to see!

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass with the Lovely Sarah

Mountian views from Saturdays hike

More Saturday hike...

Bodie - took most of my pics in Sepia tone because it only seems appropriate for a Ghost Town

Restroom break?

Very creepy old jail cell

Empty houses everywhere...would have been SO creepy if all the other tourists hadn't been there to keep us company

Cruisin

Old hotel billiard hall and saloon

Aspens

Mono Lake at dusk

Thats all from me for now, hopefully I'll have a housing update soon.  Until then, keep your fingers crossed for my low riding little car, shes doing her best packed with all my things but shes not all that big!  

No comments:

Post a Comment