Saturday, February 20, 2010

Gold Bug State Park

I went for a little walk at a park in Placerville today, if you pay you can go into a museum and explore the old mine but i'm broke so I just walked around the trails until my mom called and yelled at me for walking alone in mountain lion country (for the record it was a heavily trafficked touristy area surrounded by developments and probably is not home to a single mountain lion).  Anywayyyy I snapped a few photos of the greenery while I was out there:

I'm pretty sure this is a Ponderosa Pine, which is a type of Yellow Pine.


Some fuzzy fungi! (no idea what these are)


And this is some red stuff (the stuff I mentioned on the phone, Mom)...also no idea what this is.  

I'm learning, slowly but surely.  Theres a whole new ecosystem at work here from what i'm used to and I hadn't thought about it much, but just learning the major environmental players (especially the invasive species)  is going to be one of the major challenges of this job.  I'm practicing, and I'm going to try to hit the library this week and look up some of the things in my pictures.  

Days Left: 298
Photos Posted: 67

No comments:

Post a Comment