Friday, January 1, 2010

I'M LATE! / Happy New Year!

Oh my goodness, so here it is 2 weeks into my personal one photo per day challenge and I have already broken my own rules.  To be fair I did take the photos on time and selected them/added them to my computer at only 1:00 am...but I spent New Years at Burlington's First Night and the hotel we stayed at charged money for the internet; so while I wanted to post on time, I didn't "$10.00" want to post them...if you know what I mean.  So anywho, hope all 4 of my readers had the happiest of happy new years! And as promised, below is my new years ever photo, taken just before the Dixie 6 show at First Night (a fun and upbeat dixieland/new orleans style jazz band).  This little girl was dancing and I caught her while taking a break.


Okay, next, the New Years Day photo.  I rung in my New Year on the top floor of a Burlington parking garage in the gently falling snow with a bottle of champagne watching the fireworks over the lake.  It was pretty great.  This shot was taken after the celebration was over, my brother is standing in the background where I was when I popped the cork on the champagne, the foreground is the cork.

Its blurry, but it captures the magic of the evening pretty well.

Days Left: 348
Photos Posted: 17

Happy 2010! 
Today is the First day of the rest of this year!
Live it up!

1 comment:

  1. That was an awesome New Years!

    But, what, no pictures of our friend from the band....what was his name? Tommy? Anyways he was the man!!!

    ReplyDelete